Frequently asked questions
When can I apply for the Aviva Scholarship?
- For undergraduate courses, you can apply for the Aviva Scholarship between 6 September 2017 and 15 February 2018, for admission as part of the September 2018 undergraduate intake.
- For postgraduate courses, you can apply for the scholarship between 6 September 2018 and 31st July 2018. However general admission application windows vary by university and by course. Please check with your preferred institution.
When and how will I find out if I have been awarded the scholarship?
- Your scholarship application will be submitted to your chosen universities once your eligibility for the Aviva Scholarship has been verified. Your scholarship application will subsequently be evaluated in tandem with your general admission application, based on each institution’s assessment criteria.
- The universities will notify you of the results on both general admission and scholarship directly. Typically general admission decisions are made and communicated first, while scholarship decisions are made later. The gap between the two dates vary by university depending on their respective internal processes.
- Should you require more details, please contact the universities directly.
Where can I check the status of my scholarship application?
As with the general admission application process, the evaluation of prospective scholars is conducted at the sole discretion of the participating universities, with no Aviva involvement. Therefore, should you have any enquiries regarding the status of your scholarship or general admission applications, please get in touch with the respective universities either through the UCAS system or a direct enquiry.
I intend to commence university studies in 2019—can I submit my scholarship application now?
Thank you for your interest in the Aviva Scholarship. Unfortunately, application for the Aviva Scholarship is currently only open to those intending to matriculate in 2018. Please leave your contact information here, and we will get in touch once scholarship application for the 2019 intake is open.
How much does the scholarship cover, and do I need to serve a bond with Aviva after graduation?
The scholarship covers 20% of tuition fees for the entire standard duration of the undergraduate or postgraduate course. There is no requirement for the scholar to serve any bond with Aviva.
If I have already applied for another scholarship, will I still be eligible to apply for the Aviva Scholarship?
- You have every right to apply to multiple scholarships.
- However you must not hold more than one scholarship offered by Aviva or the participating universities at the same time.
- Should you indeed be awarded multiple scholarships by us, you will be required to declare and accept only one of them.
I am currently a final-year student at a British university. Can I still apply for the scholarship?
Thank you for your interest in the Aviva Scholarship. Unfortunately, we are currently only accepting applications from students who have yet to begin their courses.
How are Aviva scholars selected?
The evaluation and selection of scholars is conducted strictly at the sole discretion of the respective universities in our programme, based on the assessment criteria stated by each institution.
Can I apply for the Aviva Scholarship if I am pursuing postgraduate studies?
Yes, the Aviva Scholarship is open to both postgraduate as well as undergraduate students. Please refer to this for more information on the eligibility criteria of the universities.
Do I have to submit my UCAS application separately?
- Yes, you do, as they are completely independent processes.
- As indicated in the application instructions, you should ensure you have submitted your UCAS or direct-to-university application before applying for the Aviva Scholarship. Do note that receiving an offer of admission from a university is a prerequisite for qualifying for the Aviva Scholarship.
I have already submitted my Aviva Scholarship application for two universities. Can I submit another scholarship application if I apply for admission to a third university next week?
Yes, you may submit another scholarship application as long as you do so before the application windows close.